Some of the most common diseases in the U.S. are classified as autoimmune disease. As you recognize, some of these diseases can cause disability. Our lives may never be the same. You may or someone you love may suffer from them. During my almost 3 decades of pharmacy practice I saw many people suffering with these diseases. The situations seemed hopeless at times. Now, as a graduate of Dr. John Christopher's School of Natural Healing with a rating of Master Herbalist, I see them through more hopeful eyes.
What are we talking about when we mention "autoimmune disease"? Here is a partial list from the National Institute of Health:
- Addisons Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Graves Disease
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Pernicious Anemia
- Reactive arthritis
- Systemic Lupus erythematosus
- Type I Diabetes
Certainly you know at least one person with one of these problems. Why does autoimmune disease happen? Our immune system is designed to attack foreign (non-human) protein in our bodies. For example, bacteria in the wrong place will be attacked and killed by our immune system. Sometimes - in Type I Diabetes, for example - we see the immune system attack our own tissues. In this case the insulin-producing cells of the pancreas are attacked and destroyed. This is a rather simplified version of what happens in auto-immune diseases of all types.
To understand why the immune system attacks our own bodies we must understand one thing clearly: our immune system is working correctly. It identifies non-human proteins that have become attached to our own internal tissues and attacks those non-human proteins. Without launching into a long explanation, these non-human proteins get into our bodies from various sources; for example colon disease, antibiotic injections, vaccinations, and yeast overgrowth. What is more important to understand is how we treat these auto-immune conditions.
Conventional western medicine will treat symptoms of the disease. One method is to use drugs that suppress the immune system. These drugs have toxicities. Let us consider chlorambucil for example.
This drug has adverse effects including:
- Although chlorambucil is used to treat cancer, it may increase your risk of developing another form of cancer.
- This medication can also decrease your bone marrow function, lowering your body's ability to fight an infection.
- Chlorambucil may damage chromosomes (genes) and causebirth defects. It may also possibly leave men and women unable to have children in the future (sterility).
- Opening our systems to all sorts of infections - viral, fungal, and bacterial all included.
Other than immunosuppresion, your prescriber may choose to prescribe a drug that suppresses symptoms of the disease. This is frequently the case with rheumatoid arthritis in which we see non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs being prescribed. A drug such as ibuprofen may be used to relieve pain symptoms and swelling symptoms. At times the destruction of the joints can be slowed (but not stopped) by using this drug.
On the other hand, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) do have some adverse effects including
- Gastric ulcers (recall that non-human proteins can enter our systems in this way, causing the bringing about more auto-immune disease!)
- Raised blood pressure
- Increased plugging of the small blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- Increased likelihood of heart attack
You may be saying to yourself "there must be a better way".
Aside from Divine Healing by prayer (which is the best), Natural Healing can fight auto-immune disease more effectively than conventional medical treatment. And, it can do it at a fraction of the cost and without the horrible side-effects involved with pharmaceutical drugs. This approach times weeks, months, even up to years for very severe medical conditions to effect complete healing. However, you will begin to see results soon after you begin
Here is what needs to happen to get better:
- Cleansing including the 3 day Juice cleanse and extended cleanses
- Use of herbal aids such as a 1 to 1 ratio of Marshmallow root powder and Astragalus root powder capsules. To kill pain a combination of Wild Lettuce and Valerian Root may be used. Externally, cayenne ointment helps with pain control.
- Eat, eat, eat! But use the Mucusless diet to avoid a recurrence of the auto-immune disease. You may look at my blog site listed in the author's box below to find my article "Good Nutrition, What Do I Mean By That"
- Avoid any protein being injected hypodermically
- Heal any digestive tract ulcers.
I pray for your success in beating this. Please let me know how you do or how I can help you in your quest.