Every individual is in the risk of having joint pains, be it due to aging or some other factors. Whatever may be the cause; it is very often unbearable and demand emergency treatment. Age related joint pains like arthritis must be controlled through proper medication and remedies to prevent crippling and disability of the body. Free movement is greatly impaired in acute cases of arthritis related joint pains with frustrations creeping in gradually. Women experience problem after menopause due to the drastic drop in the estrogen levels.
Knee, shoulders, back and hip joints are mostly affected due to aging whereas some may experience pains in the wrists, fingers, ankles and heels.
1. Swelling and inflammation followed by acute pain.
2. Redness and tenderness of the joints.
1. Due to wear and tear of the cartilage due to aging.
2. Autoimmune disease
4. Physical injuries
5. Infection at joints
6. Low hormonal levels in women after menopause.
Apart from the usage of over the counter NSAID's and steroids, following treatments are of great help in providing relief from the this problem and that too without any serious side effects.
1. Exercises play a great role in reducing various types of pains, especially swimming. Swimming in a heated pool gives the best results.
2. Bathing with Epsom salt or magnesium sulfate. This particular compound has good anti-inflammatory properties which are well absorbed by the skin. About 40 minutes of bathing gives good results.
3. Massaging with a mixture of camphor oil, menthol and eucalyptus oil on the affected areas alleviates the pains.
4. Joint pains due to arthritis can be reduced by drinking few cups of green tea regularly. Green tea has special constituents that protect the cartilage from wearing out.
5. Elimination of certain foods like meat, beef which are high in protein helps in reducing this problem. The protein can be substituted by vegetables and fish.
6. Dairy products should be avoided excluding the low fat yoghurt.
7. Alcohol consumption must be stopped totally.
8. The herb Boswelia Serrata has high anti-inflammatory properties and enhances the blood circulation to the joints that helps in reducing the pains.
9. The roots of Ashwagandha are beneficial in treating Rheumatoid Arthritis.
10. Ginger roots are also used for this treatment, which prevents the production of prostaglandins and leukotrienes, which are responsible for this problem.
11. Women need sufficient dietary calcium supplements like low fat milk, yoghurt to prevent the weakening of bones and joint pains after menopause.
12. Application of turmeric and lime paste or drinking milk adding turmeric is a good remedy to alleviate joint pains.
13. Massage with Rumatone Gold oil give good relief.